Sunday, July 24, 2016

Monday Montage #74 Dirty Stamps

A little something soft and chalky is what I have for today's Monday Montage Blog Hop.  This is one of those cards that I could NOT repeat because I am not quite sure how I did it.  I can't totally remember, but I think I achieved the soft pink look from using dirty stamps.  Do you ever do that?
I think what I did was I inked up the solid image of the Gift of Love set in Whisper White Craft Ink, but it had leftovers of Blushing Bride ink still on the image which, when stamped, gave me the pink chalky look.   I think it works for this and looks great with the white heat embossed greeting.  I do know I lightly sponged Tip Top Taupe ink over the embossed greeting which gives a subtle variation from the flowers. I love the simple little scraps of Affectionately Yours Washi Tape and Blushing Bride Sequins.  For the center of the butterfly I unwound a few strands of Cucumber Crush Thick Bakers Twine and stapled it to the Vellum Card Stock.
To Dara
To Kaitlyn

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorge!!! Love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. I am really liking the white embossed sentiment. I will have to try that too.

    ReplyDelete