Friday, November 10, 2017

#TGIF133 Pinecones and Prettiness

Happy Friday everybody!

It's time for a sketch challenge and this is one that is sure to ignite your creative juices.  From my blog click on over to #TGIF133 to check out all of the team's designs for this week.
For this challenge I had an idea to mix pre-inking an embossing folder with water coloring.  I gave my idea a whirl and I think my hand-painted embossed paper turned out pretty cool.
Sometimes I give myself some wiggle room on challenges and ever so slightly tweak them to fit my creative process, but for this one I stayed true to the sketch minus the rounded corners.
In my world there are Berry Burst pinecones.  I love these and the touch of snow I added.  All I did to get the frosted look was to put the pinecones face down in my Whisper White Ink Pad and then I gently tapped one side.
 Here is a closer look at the background paper.  I pre-inked the Holly TIEF with Lemon Lime Twist Ink, set a piece of Watercolor Paper in the folder, and then ran it through the Big Shot.  After I spritzed the paper with water to move the ink and give it a watercolored appearance.  I patted the excess water dry because I didn't want the ink to get on the raised portions.  With an Aquapainter I colored the berries with Berry Burst Ink and the holly leaves and swoop curls with Pear Pizzazz Ink.  Through the entire painting process I blotted areas dry so the ink wouldn't bleed and hints of white paper would stay uncolored.
Don't miss out on the fun.  Hop over to TGIF, download the sketch, and play along.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment